Re: Did Arnold Schwarzenegger pass the idiotic CA DMV motorcycle license test?

My FZR1000 owner's manual claims that the minimum turning radius is only > 10.82 feet.

> 10.82 X 2 = 21.65 feet...
0.65 feet is 7.8 inches so the turning radius is 21.8 inches.

The California lollipop dimensions are 19 feet, 6 inches for the inside circle, and 21 feet, 9 inches for the outside line.

To pass the "free" California DMV riding test, these are facts:

- You've got about 1 inch of slack in your turning radius.

- You get ONE chance (and one chance only that day).

- Zero mistakes are allowed (they stop the test right there).

- If you drop the bike, it will likely cost more than $200 to repair.

In contrast, to pass the $200 MSF riding test, these are facts:

- You've got about 10 feet of slack space in your turning radius.

- You can take a later re-test if you don't pass that day (I think ... please confirm if I'm wrong)

- Lots and lots and lots of mistakes are allowed (they let the test go on)

- If you drop the bike, it won't matter because it's a toy bike that is owned or leased or whatever by the MSF, not you.

The whole system is designed to funnel money to the MSF, and, the MSF in California, with the most riders in the country, is making millions off of its ridership.

If ANYTHING isn't fact above ... please call me on it!

Reply to
JoeSchmoe

You're called. The above is simply a self-serving lie.

The system is designed to funnel incompetent riders into training courses; period.

Reply to
Twibil

Then you're saying Arnold Schwarzenegger "was" an incompetent rider the day before he paid the MSF for his motorcycle license?

Reply to
JoeSchmoe

You have nothing to indicate that Arnold did not take and pass the California DMV's own riding test, nor do you have anything that even hints that the money from California's rider training program tuition (other than licensing the use of their curriculum, which *I* pointed out) goes to the MSF.

So answer these questions, Joe, or Paul Franz, as you have also posted:

  1. What do you have against voluntary, optional, professional, nationally standardized motorcycle rider training programs?
  2. Why have you been railing on usenet against the MSF for over six years?
Reply to
Tim

Sorta OT. I started riding in 1949.(Colorado ) No extra requirement on driver license needed. About 1975 there was a requirement. I went to DMV and asked how would I get my motorcycle down for a test if I did not have a valid M on my license. (Small town). Tester said I won't check to see how you get it here. The Test. Small parking lot, race across the lot towards tester and brake hard so I don't hit him. Passed test. I still ride today and the M on my license is always retained. How things have changed. ww

Reply to
WW

Hi WW, Yes. Things have changed.

What happened is someone smelled money.

The test costs $250. That's something on the order of 10,000 riders a year in California paying $250. Big bucks.

For that $250, you get to buy your license.

It's not any more complicated than that. Just as simple as your test, except the tens of millions of dollars funneled into MSF coffers.

Even Arnold funneled his $250 into the MSF coffers (not that it will make a dent in his net worth) ... but the point is that even he fell prey to his own system. How ironic.

Reply to
JoeSchmoe

As Tim pointed out very carefully -and repeatedly- the MSF doesn't get

*any* of the money. It goes to the individual schools/organizations that teach the safety classes, and it just about covers their expenses.

And you don't seem to understand that nobody is *ever* going to respect the judgement of someone who spends all his time intentionally lying.

Reply to
Twibil

The test does NOT cost $250 dollars. The California Motorcyclist Safety Program's basic rider course costs $250.

Except the MSF isn't charging California student riders to take the course, the California Motorcyclist Safety Program, administered by the California Highway Patrol, charges California student riders to take the course. The money goes to the state of California to cover the costs of administering the classes.