Re: Electric cars.

> A steaming pile of shit from another one of his always

>> ignorant, >> brain dead, right-wing websites. Batteries with nearly >> equivalent >> electro-chemical potentials can be made from florine, >> potassium, >> calcium, sodium .... And fuel cells will likely eventually >> obviate >> the need for batteries. > > Right. We were told those were 'coming soon' in 1964. Where are all > those fuel cell cars now? > > Have you personally bought short options for stocks of lithium battery > makers or are you leaving that 'sure thing' money on the table? Why > don't I see any potassium [1] or sodium batteries for sale? > > But hey - you won't need a car at all. We're all going to fly around > with jet packs. The 'experts' told me so in 1958. Can't wait. > > [1] There are potassium-lithium batteries but then you're back to lithium.

.

Exactly. Prototype in 2004, most recent citation 2011.

If it's so useful & efficient, why isn't anyone making money selling them?

Reply to
AMuzi

I also notice not only a lack of admission of your erroneous previous statement (replete with a pretense of having originally been correct) but also not a single word of contrition. No one addressed anything about useful and efficient, that's your interjection and pathetically feeble attempt at misdirection. Your approach smacks of the incompetence displayed in the statement "first they charged more for putting lead in gas, then even more for it's removal" (which in itself is a hint to an answer to your question). You clearly don't begin to understand what you're talking about and given that fact, combined with your egregious, complete and conspicuous lack of character, you can rest assured in the certain knowledge that I won't be entertaining any more of your risible responses.

Reply to
.

If it's not useful and efficient then it won't be done... Until the world runs out of Li. No Li left over to make Dilithium crystals. No warp drive.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX
[...]
*** *** Exactly. Prototype in 2004, most recent citation 2011. *** *** If it's so useful & efficient, why isn't anyone making money selling *** them? ** ** I also notice not only a lack of admission of your erroneous ** previous statement (replete with a pretense of having originally ** been correct) but also not a single word of contrition. No one ** addressed anything about useful and efficient, that's your ** interjection and pathetically feeble attempt at misdirection. ** Your approach smacks of the incompetence displayed in the ** statement "first they charged more for putting lead in gas, ** then even more for it's removal" (which in itself is a hint ** to an answer to your question). You clearly don't begin to ** understand what you're talking about and given that fact, ** combined with your egregious, complete and conspicuous ** lack of character, you can rest assured in the certain knowledge ** that I won't be entertaining any more of your risible responses. *
  • If it's not useful and efficient then it won't be done...
  • Until the world runs out of Li.
  • No Li left over to make Dilithium crystals. No warp drive.

Oil interest shills in the 70's declared that the worlds petroleum reserves would be depleted in 20 to 30 years. Still waiting on that to occur are you? Here's a hint, there's currently a glut.

Reply to
.

Way different substance and technology. Comparing apples to oranges. (My degrees are in geology, my background is in reservoir geoscience.)

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

The correlation quite clearly flew further over your head than the exosphere.

Your dilettante remark with respect to the 'world running out of lithium' is also laughable.

My degree is BSME, background is power generation.

Reply to
.

No, it did not. The comparison was as apples to oranges.

Of course. It was meant to be sarcastic humor.

Cool!

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX