Re: Ford begs Toyota for Hybrid Technology

True. But it's merely a matter of which energy storage system

>you choose to use. Some people have suggested small flywheels, >and others fuel cells. Me - I like the promise in 20-30 years >of capacitors as there is no real loss in the charge/discharge >cycle. $10-20K in capacitors that you never have to replace isn't >such a bad deal, IMO. Then there's batteries of various types.

"Never have to replace"? That's a bit optimistic. Also, have you ever been in the room when even a teeny tiny elco blew up? Let alone when one of the

4 inch high, 2 inch diameter pots went? Those things pack one hell of a punch, a bigger risk even than batteries leaking H2. Not entirely sure it wouldn't total the car, actually. That smell is close to impossible to get rid of, and both unhealthy and unpleasant.

Jasper

Reply to
Jasper Janssen