Re: Honda Civic EX 2001 pulls right while accelarating

Torque steer is something every fwd vehicle has. I used to drive a GrandAm and if I felt taking off a little faster than usual, you could definitely feel the engine pulling the car to one side.

When you say accelaration, how much are we talking here? 1st/2nd just taking off, or giving more gas when you are already going 65?

I'd say if you are on the perfectly level piece of highway going relatively fast and you let go of the wheel, your car should remain going straight. If it does, I don't think it would have alignment problems. If you take it to a shop, they'd align it and charge you for it, but that would not mean your car needed alignment in the first place.

Also when you get a car from a shop, I found that people tend to suddenly pay a lot more attention to every minor thing than they really should. When I drove my Trailblazer into a rock (long story), I had the whole thing repaired to as-new condition and then noticed that there is about 1-inch space between the bumber and the rest of the car. Took it back, told them it wasn't there before. The guy looked at it, took the bumper off, then checked the manual and decided that there was nothing wrong with the bumper in the first place. Later on, I saw another trailblazer (I ordered one of the first ones fresh off the line, so there was few of them at the time) and it had exactly the same gap. Bottom line: before the accident I simply did not pay attention to it, but afterwards I went through every inch of that car to make sure repair was done and saw it.

-- Dennis

Our 2001 Honda Civic EX started pulling to the right when accelarating. > Pull is minor but it is annoying and I am also concerned as this can be a > safety hazard. > > I noticed this after > 1)- a front end bodyshop work (for a minor front end damage due to rear > ending an SUV) > 2)- having a new set of tires put at a tire dealer > 3)- Getting state inspection and oil change done > all completed in the same day in that order ( a big mistake on my part! ) > > I did not notice the problem after any of the above services, though. but I > did not drive the car on the highway righr after so I would not notice it > anyways, until I did so a day or so later. > > I am going to take the car for a front end check tomorrow but I was > wondering if this is something that can just happen (like a cut bushing) or > if it has anything to do with any of the above mentioned services. I am > wondering if anybdy out there had such a pull problem and would like to > share his/her experience. > > Adsiz. > > > > >
Reply to
Dennis M