Re: Leaving TCC disconnected???

Lock-up torque-converters have been around since the early 80's, and

> have been mainstream ever since. It's my understanding that by using a > TCC (Torque Converter Clutch) you can achieve a direct mechanical link > between the engine's crankshaft, and the transmission input-shaft. The > hydraulic coupling that take place within the torque-converter is > efficient, but it's not 100%, because there always inevitably be some > slippage. I suppose the main benefit of using the TCC is better > fuel-milage at high speeds. But seeing how this is a custom buildup, > using the TCC would require fabricating circuits for both the VSS > (vehicle speed sensor), and the brake-switch. I'm not lazy, I just > want to keep things as simple as possible. Do you guys think I would > notice much difference if I ran my 700-R4 with the TCC disconnected??? > unfortunately, i will be using the truck at highway speeds, but even > so, is there any danger in running without the TCC???

Some 700R4's can't run with the TCC solenoid disengaged. I advise you check this webpage for information. It would not be difficult to make a switch to lock up the TC. It's just 12 volts.

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Chang

That's what I did, put a rocker switch under the dash. I turn it on when I go on the expressway and usually leave it off otherwise. Sometimes you end up driving at a speed range where the TCC cycles too much and it becomes anoying.

Reply to
WasteNotWantNot

Reply to
David J and Lynne J Shepherd