Re: Mazda6 Reliability history

When one asks a question like that all you will get is opinions. If that person had a good one of that brand they will say they are good cars, those that didn't will say they are bad. The fact is ALL manufactures build some that are not up to their standards on occasion, that is why they ALL have a warranty. With all of the government regulations for CAFE, EPA longevity requirements and NHTSA crash standards, ALL manufactures are building good reliable vehicle today. The only REAL difference is price and style. At least that is what we see in are fleet service business. If you like the style and the price is right buy the car, don't worry whether somebody else liked the ONE they owned, WBMA ;)

As too the '6,' Ford thinks a lot of that chassis. They are going to build several vehicles including a small SUV, over the next two years, off that chassis but with Ford engines. Personally I no longer buy foreign cars, not with all of the good domestic vehicles available on the market today at much lower prices. Many are 20 to 30 percent less but it's your money spend where you wish.

mike hunt

Raym>

Does anyone know where I can find such history, particularly > on major components, such as engine, transmission, electrical > etc? I checked Consumer Reports, but they only have 626. > > And I talked to a dealer, they said Mazda6 had been out some > 2 years ago in Europe. Any idea? > > I'm considering Honda Accord and Mazda6. I liked Mazda6 but > have some reservation on its reliability. > > Thanks, > Raymond
Reply to
BenDover

Sir, you have been mislead by an uninformed dealer. The first production Mazda Atenza (Mazda6 in North America) rolled off the line at Hofu Plant #2 on February 14, 2002. Sales of the Atenza were kicked off in Japan on May

20,2002. The Hofu plant supplies vehicles to the entire world except North America (NA). Full scale production (Job1) for NA was lauched at AutoAliance International on October 17,2002.

After close to 14k trouble free miles, I could not be happier with my purchase of a Mazda6s (3.0L Duratec and 5MT transmission (G5M)). If you're really interested, I strongly suggest visiting

Mazdas tend to do pretty well in terms of reliability (no worse than a Honda), and I'm expecting to see 200k miles without significant trouble.

Reply to
Russ Moerland