Re: Normal battery drain 92 GMC?

Anyone know what the normal battery drain (when not running) on a 92 GMC

>Sierra should be? > >I looked in the GM factory manuals and could not find amperage draw listed >for anything. > >If anyone knows what the amperage draw (when off) is of individual >electronic gizmos, that would be helpful. Like factory radio, PCM, ABS, and >electronic A/C control... > >Also does anyone know if the PCM (and other electronic things) are "awake" >when first powered up, then go into a low power sleep mode? And how long it >would take to go into the sleep mode?* > >*The reason I am asking that, is if I disconnect a battery connection, then >place an amp meter in series with the connection, then read a high amperage >draw, perhaps this is just everything being initially powered up. Then after >a period of inactivity (how long?), everything might go into a reduced power >"sleep mode" and then draw less amperage? (So I should not use the initial >amperage draw reading in that case, but wait, then see what it is >reading...) >

Rule of thumb is max of about 50 MA, with a 20 minute wait (doors all closed, all lights off, including hood trouble light if so equiped) is acceptable. Many vehicles do stablize in a few minutes but some take longer.

I've never seen current draw ratings for individual components.

Reply to
PeterD