Re: Not just auto parts problem....

My HP IIP-Plus Laserjet printer needs a cartridge.

> > I don't print anywhere near as much stuff as I used to when I ran a > marketing business, so replacements are fewer and farther between. > > So, I went to that Big Box store - the one whose name sounds like a device > that is used to fasten papers together - and couldn't find my particular > cartridge - 75A - on their shelves. > > Spoke with a "manager" who immediately went to - TADA! - the computer - NOT > a paper catalog. > > He couldn't find one. > > Now, to establish the correct frame of mind for the next statement, you > must understand that I have owned this printer since new - for > approximately 14 years - and have bought several cartridges for it over the > years.....picking them right off the shelf myself, without any assistance > from anyone. > > Then, I heard it....."Are you SURE it's a IIP-Plus?" > > No, idiot. It's actually a 4P, but I only fill the paper tray half full, so > I can get away with half the laser cartridge.....Here's your sign. > > I left and went to a small, independent stationery store that I used to do > a lot of business with. They pulled out the HP book, looked up the part, > and told me they could have it here Tuesday. > > > THAT WAS EASY!!!

(here's your button ;-) Some months ago, another shop owner here in town needed a toner cartridge for his Hp Deskjet 1000, for another $20 he was able to buy a whole new laser printer. Such is the world of cheap electronics... I'm not sure I'd expect a big box office supply store to be able to help me with a 14 year old printer, but I sure as hell think Ford should still be able to supply evaporative emissions parts for a 8 year old vehicle. No wonder they're going tango uniform.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Hey, *, I think that store may owe you a "material adjustment", like in the form of paper? or else?--iirc, they offer some type of guarantee to have your ink cartridges, which may apply to toners as well. HTH, s

Reply to
sdlomi2