Re: pb blaster in Canada??

PB Blaster is not available in Canada. I buy it when I am visiting the US. I heard that the manufacturer decided it was too much trouble to put French and Metric on the can. Can't say as I blame them. Can you imagine how much French and Metric cost Canadian taxpayers each year? Don't want to think about it.

Hi > > I've just looked on the net to see if there is anywhere in Canada you > can get pb blaster. Any ideas? > > Cameron >
Reply to
Loose Cannon

A label. Wow.

Reply to
Stephen Bigelow

That is legit, 'No French' on the label, no sale. I 'might' have a bead on a supplier in Ontario Canada, I am waiting for an email reply from my friend that got me some and I will post the info when I get it.

Mike

Stephen Bigelow wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I couldn't find it either so I tried Fluid Film. Has worked great so far on everything I put it on, mainly 70 year old rust on a 29 Model A

Reply to
Ken Hilson

In the case of PB Blaster it wouldn't be just a label, it would also be an MSDS, carton labels, adevertising materials, etc. Still this isn't too bad. However the returns are probably low on the few additional sales to Canada. However, PB Blaster is great stuff, so it seems to me that this might be a good oppurtunity for a sharp small business person in Canada.

I have never understood the rules in Canada. They are much harsher than the rules imposed by France for importation of products into France. For many years I worked for a group that built test equipment for company employees. For virtually the whole rest of the world, we could get away with operator information in English only since the equipment was not intended for sale outside of the company and was only for trained service personnel. However to send it to Canada we had to include French-Canadian translations on the equipment. And the most bizarre thing was, we couldn't just use any old French translation, it had to be French-Canadian. I am not sure what the difference is, but I know I had to redo several labels over the years becasue they were French-French and not French-Canadian. There were many times I wished we did not have to send stuff to Canada.

Regards,

Ed White

Reply to
C. E. White

That's the theory, I understand that. I'm in Ottawa.

Just for fun, go to your local (if available) Chinatown, and check labels.

Reply to
Stephen Bigelow

I was just browsing through my IPD catalog which is a US company and I saw it there. So how come I can order it via mail but I cannot buy it in a store.

Language rules in Quebec are so bone headed. For instance when you encounter a stop sign in Paris it will read STOP but if you ever get lost in Canada and see ARRET on a sign than you know th you are in Quebec. Further more, all road signs in Quebec are French only while in Ontario they are bilingual. Some democracy.

Reply to
Boris Mohar

Because, amazingly, Canadian laws only apply in Canada.

Reply to
Stephen Bigelow

Try KBC thats where I get it from About $7. Now if I can just find some MARVEL MYSTRY OIL here,

Reply to
K Kuiper

Just take kerosine and mix it with Type A ATF. It will look the same and work almost as well.

Ed

K Kuiper wrote:

Reply to
C. E. White

A French guest who was staying in a hotel in Edmonton phoned room service for some pepper. "Black pepper, or white pepper?" asked the concierge. "Toilette pepper!"

Reply to
K Kuiper

I'll trade you PB Blaster for some Monte Cristo Cuban stoagies?

Reply to
davefr

what/where is KBC in Canada?

Reply to