Re: Service Engine Soon - 2001 3.4L Olds - Code P1404 Auxiliary Emission Control

> > The presence of a service bulletin covering a component complaint > > does not mean there is warranty coverage. > > No but the point is he will never know if he doesn't talk to the > dealer......................................

----------- Hello all,

Thanks for the replies! Sorry I did not respond quicker but was out of town for spring break. I will talk to the dealer to see if this might be covered, based on the service notice. If not, at least you gave me a starting point....

Reply to
Frank M.

---------

Follow up

I ended up taking it into the dealer. What did they find? A software programming error in the PCM whereby it was 'over-sensitive' to a sensor which is suppose to indicate a bad/stuck EGR valve. THERE WAS NOTHING REALLY WRONG!!! Oh yes, there was an $82 charge for them to upload the 'good' code. I am calling GM to complain!!!! I guess the suggestion to put a piece of black tape over the light was a good one :-(

Reply to
Frank M.