Re: Stuck spark plugs

If you are unfortunate enough to twist off one of your spark plugs, here is what worked on mine (a longer story that I attempted to post did not come thru.... perhaps because it was a "cross-post"?)...anyway, here is the short version: The remaining shell of threads in the head was heated to cherry-red with a small tip on an oxygen/acetyln torch. I then immediately sprayed them with a cold spray labelled as capable of -50 deg F (purchased at Radio Shack). Then used a square type tapered bolt extractor (some might refer to it as an "easy-out") size 5/16", to successfully screw out the remains of the spark plug.

Reply to
Gene Gardner

Nicik Name