Re: Torque on civic lower rear arm bolts?

"z" wrote in news:1168289377.675173.313600 @s80g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Can't find my service manual since I moved; anybody got some figures > for the torque on the bolts of the rear lower control arms on a 92 > Civic EX sedan? > >

The two on the compensator arm: 47 ft lbs each The two that hold the big center bushing: 47 ft lbs each Damper fork to lower arm: 40 ft lbs Lower arm to hub: 40 ft lbs Upper arm to trailing arm: 40 ft lbs Upper arm to body: 29 ft lbs

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger wrote in news:Xns98B2AF1D729B4tegger@

207.14.116.130:

One I missed:

Lower arm inner-end to body: 40 ft lbs.

Reply to
Tegger

"z" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@77g2000hsv.googlegroups.com:

Yes.

The problem is the sleeves themselves, which you've still got. If the bolt's rusted to the sleeve, you can't withdraw the bolt so the arm can be dropped from the body.

A trick I discovered that works well: TIGHTEN the bolt before attempting to loosen it. Tighten maybe 1/16 or 1/8 turn. This will clamp the sleeve in place so the rust seal can be broken as the bolt is rotated. Work the bolt back and forth 1/8 turn a few times to break up the rust. After that the bolt should be able to be removed the normal way.

Reply to
Tegger