Re: Toyota loses its way

The thing had around 90 hp. Drifting wasn't in the program.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

If a car is subjected to full throttle shifts a few times a week, it's being severely abused. Thanks for playing. You know I'm right because you have had to pay for repairs that resulted from the abuse you put your cars to.

You're the reason they don't rent cars to people under 25. They know you can't drive for shit, and you destroy the equiment.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

It is also FWD, which would pretty much exclude drifting also. I was thinking that the redline shift points might indicate that you didn't know that FWD cars don't drift very well.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Even worse. You took a gently driven car and managed to destroy it?

And head gaskets are known on this car. Must have been prior to 1994. Easy fix. You can lift the engine out of the engine bay yourself.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Ah, the Typical Toyota apologist reply, ignore the lack of quality as if the fact that it's actually repairable excuses it.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

You're delusional. ANY car worth it's salt can easily take several full throttle shifts A DAY, my domestics have NEVER had a problem doing so. If you don't think so then you have no knowledge of cars and their capabilities, at least no knowledge of decent cars.

You seem to be confusing abuse with hard driving. Not the same.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Wow, for a while I wasn't sure but now I am,... you are completely ignorant of cars and how they are designed and how they work. I've driven EVERY car I've ever owned that way and NONE of them suffered any damage as a result of these "red line engine and transmission" shifts, except, of course, the Toyota.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Toyota was using asbestos head gaskets, and thanks to our government was forced to abandon the asbestos gaskets for a different material. As a result, the torque specs for the head bolts was wrong.

Try replacing the HG on a Supra, if you think the job on a Tercel is bad.

Ford, GM and Chrysler NEVER make any mistakes, right?

1995 Chrysler LHS Recall Item Affected: SUSPENSION:FRONT:CONTROL ARM:LOWER ARM Date Announced: 8/17/1999

Description of Recall: VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: PASSENGER VEHICLES. THE LOWER CONTROL ARM ATTACHING BRACKETS CAN CRACK DUE TO FATIGUE AND SEPARATE FROM THE ENGINE CRADLE.

Action Needed To Fix It: DEALERS WILL REINFORCE THE ENGINE CRADLE AT THE POINT WHERE THE LOWER CONTROL ARM ATTACHES TO IT.

That's not dangerous, at all...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B