Re: Toyotas Chief Test Driver Dies in Crash in Germany. BMW occupants lived.

>>Toyota?s chief test driver, Hiromu Naruse, died in a head-on collision >>on Wednesday in Germany, the newspaper Rhein-Zeitung reports. >> >>The story was picked up by Autoblog. A Toyota spokesman, Wade Hoyt, >>confirmed that Mr. Naruse, 67, had been killed in the crash. > > How old was the BMW driver? 67 is entering the fragile years. > > If you can't give all the facts properly, you should probably walk out in > the road, throw yourself in front of a Volvo. You'll at least get the > attention you seek.

No, no, no!

A Toyota. Then he can prove how dangerous they are.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

ROFL!

I have never been there, but friends in the military say you learn how to drive properly FAST, or that Porsche in your mirrors will be there in about 2 seconds.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

The first time I drove on it, I had a rented GM compact car. That POS wouldnt go more than 87 mph at full tilt. There was nothing I COULD pass, and people got pissed at me for being in the right hand (slow) lane.

Reply to
hls

Amn, if I had a chance to go to Germany and drive the Autobahn, I would rent the FASTEST car I could afford!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

That's right. Drivers in the left lane know that they have the added responsibility of looking behind as far as they can see and be ready to move over. Unless you have a fast car, you use the lane for passing. You move to the right immediately after passing.

You'd be surprised how fast those flashing high beams just on the horizon are suddenly right on your tail.

In Canada and the U.S., drivers think it's their right to drive in the passing lane at the speed limit (or even below), completely oblivious to what is behind.

Reply to
Kaz Kylheku

You'd be surprised at how many don't.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

At times like the above, one dreams about having a .50 cal SMG mounted on one's vehicle.

Reply to
Sharx35

Something like that, perhaps? cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Texas calls it "camping out in the left lane". Its one of the three violations in the road rage law that is supposed to get you a ticket (but seldom does).

More than once I have wished I still had the '55 Oldsmobile so I could just hit the brakes and eat their front end without any appreciable damage to my car.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Slow as I drive, if I was in Germany, I dare Not get on that Autobahn.I wouldn't last five minutes. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin