Re: tranny break-in?

. Could it just be because the rebuilt

>tranny needs to be broken in (as it currently has 0 miles on it since >rebuilding it)? I am hoping that is all it is, as I've already spent >$1200+ on the tranny rebuild and clutch components. Any suggestions? > >Thanks, >Aaron

Aaron:

If u spent 1200 dollah on a gear box rebuild-I wanna know WTF was it ie a ZF? Yeah u still got air in yer system.

Reply to
BACKNCARDR

Well if you insist...

tranny rebuild - $850 clutch kit - $199 clutch master cyl - $62 clutch slave cyl - $60 clutch hydraulic line - $66

~$1230

You think there is still air in the system, even though steady streams of fluid are coming out of the slave cylinder?

Thanks, Aar> Aaron:

Reply to
Aaron Walker

Cripes Aaron-hay thanks for the breakdown. Yeah there's gotta be some air in the system. Put it in gear and push clutch pedal to floor (engine off) and have handy assistant try and push heep. If heep no push then clutch not releasing. I do reverse bleeding of hydraulic systems when applicable-sometimes its the only way top git the blasted air vented properly. Always can take the heep back to well fed shop that did the parts changing. Respectfully submitted,

Loren Knighton Woodland, CA.

Under the hood since 1964 Member TRNI IATN

BACKNCARDR