Re: U.S. criticizes Toyota for 'misleading' public in recall

It was TOYOPET before they changed the name to TOYOTA. NISSAN used to be DATSUN. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Toyopet was just a model. It was still Toyota Motor Co. I don't call myself Hachiroku fer nuttin'!

It's amazing you even remember the Toyopet. IIRC, you said you were in Japan for a while?

They were so horrible, Toyota started selling them in the US in 1958, and stopped selling them as the 1960 model year began. They came back couple years later with the Land Cruiser, and then followed that with the Corolla a couple years after that.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

what? 2 days?

Sharx35

I was in Tokyo,Japan for a while in January,1964, on my way to Vietnam.We had an eight hour layover in Tokyo.I remember back around

1958 when Toyopet cars were for sale in America.I have seen them in America before. cuhulin
Reply to
cuhulin