Re: V5 compressor seal replacement

Is it a crap shoot? You Bet. But i know the pump works

>And a replacement pump is hundreds of dollars. I also have seen >many post about people buying replacement rebuilt pumps only to have >them leak too. >

A lot of times these seals fail because the compressor wears. You are sealing in a high pressure gas here so every little bit counts... As the bearings wear and allow just the tinniest bit of wobble of the compressor shaft the seal will fail. You can replace it but the new one will fail again in short order.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.