Re: water leaking in my car when it rains- - - what's the most likely reason(s)

i have a 95 saturn,and just recently started to have a problem when

> it rains.the area underneath the passenger seat(and in front and > behind of passenger seat) becomes sopping wet with water.I pulled > up the carpet,as it was soaking and emitting a horrible mildew odor. > Only leaks when its not being driven (i think).If not parked absolutely > flat, water pools in lowest area,front or back. > This car doesn't leak from the roof,i checked that. > > What could be causing this exactly.

Usually window seals. Also check that the drain holes in the doors are functioning.

Reply to
Brent P

Heater plenum? Can't really say without looking. Put newspaper on the floor, or sit in the car when it starts to ran. See where the dripping is coming from.

The reason I suggested heater plenum is because that's where the water that leaks into my 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass is coming from. Recently, a leak has developed in the windshield seal above the steering wheel.

YMMV.

Reply to
Beloved Leader

Sounds like you've got a leak somewhere.

Sorry . . .

Reply to
Jacques Clouseau

In my case, the buildup of leaves and crud eventually caused the metal on the bottom of the plenum to rust. I tried putting a fiberglass patch up in there. It worked, but only for a while. Now I keep newspapers on the floor of the car.

Reply to
Beloved Leader