Recomandations for diagnostic software for laptop

Hi All,

I am looking for recommendations for some software I can purchase to use on a laptop to diagnose problems. I need at least both Ford and Hyundai.

An example of what I recently need to diagnose is the hydraulic fan pump on my Lincoln LS (random temperature spike). I need to take control of the fan and be able to read the pressures to make sure its in spec. Ford has a tsb out for this problem but its an expensive fix and if I don't need it I would rather find that out before I/its repaired. Also a scope option would be nice to check for bad coils etc. Plus I would like all the other options such as reading codes, check relays, sensors etc.

I am a back yard mechanic so with that in mind I don't want to break the bank. I like to do most of my repairs when I can or at least have a good idea what needs to be done before taking it to the dealer.

I looked on the web but I don't have enough experience with any software to make an educated decision.

Thanks

Bill T

Reply to
billygoat

Autoenginuity seems to be the best product on the home shop end of things, most everything better is 10X the price or more.

Reply to
Pete C.

You might check out

cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Thanks big time Pete, this is just about what I was looking for. I Just place my order for the base kit with the Ford expanstion.

Bill T

Reply to
billygoat