remote starter to crank the motor 95 Ford Escort LX. 1.9L

Where do u install the red aligator clips of the remote start switch? This switch has no instructions on how to connect it in the starter motor, I assume the black goes to the chasis.

Since my alignments are gone after the timing belt break, I think using the remote starting switch will speedup the process and safe.

Appreciate any help

Sam

Reply to
sams

One red clip to the positive battery terminal, the other red clip to the S terminal of the starter solenoid. The remote switch I have has only two leads..I haven't seen one with three.

Reply to
Murphy

You can clip to the heavy cable on the starter rather than connecting straight to the battery. That heavy cable is the battery cable so clipping at the battery or at the starter doesn't matter. The other clip goes on the starter solenoid as Murphy suggested already.

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Chang