remove radiator from Achieva by myself?

I have a 97 Achieva, 3.1 liter V-6. There is a leak somewhere at the radiator, but I cannot narrow down the exact location. It appears to be somewhere near the bottom of the radiatior. Or at least that is where I am finding the fluid collecting on the brace underneath the radiator.

I am pretty sure none of the hoses are leaking.

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove this radiator fairly easily? Reading the manual, it mentions something about turning the engine aside! Do I have to move the engine to remove the radiator?

-------------

Reply to
randy

"randy" wrote

I wouldn't say that it's easy, but I had a look in the service manual and it says nothing about moving the engine. I can't remember ever having to move the engine on one of these vehicles in order to remove the radiator.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Have you checked that its not just a drain valve leaking at the bottom of the radiator?

Reply to
E. Meyer

That might have been the problem. I just checked it, and I was able to tighten it about one eighth of a turn with my hand without being able to able much torque (very little space to work!).

Hard to tell if that was the problem because the valve has a little spigot pointing straight down onto the brace below.

But it is not leaking now after driving it a while. Thanks!

Reply to
randy