Removing house paint from car

Greetings, I have a Black 2006 Ford F-150. Just last week, my neighbor painted his home on a windy day. Need I say more. This idoit got paint all over my vehicle and to make matters worse, the paint dry over the past few days. Just baking in the summer heat. Is there anything I can do? I've tried washing the vehicle with a pressure washer, but did not remove a spot.

I've taken pictures for legal reason, for ths dumb a-hole going to pay! Please help.

Thanks,

Reply to
TxSteven

Bug and tar remover ought to easily remove the unwanted paint and not damage the good paint.

Reply to
« Paul »

If it's just exterior latex, it should come off pretty easy, but you'll have to "convince" it to start coming off, by getting an edge started with a plastic razor blade or something similar, then peel.

They sell them at part stores...if it's oil based paint...you're screwed...

Reply to
jeffcoslacker

Paul,

Will this damage my clear coat? I will surely give it a try.

Thanks :) =AB=BB wrote:

Reply to
TxSteven

If it were me I would take it to the Ford dealer where you bought the truck and talk to body shop boss he might have good idea of how to get latex paint off without killing the clearcoat finnish and you could get an est. cost to take to your brain dead neighbor!! If you don't want to take it to the dealer then I would go to a PRO body shop NOT a OneDay shop and see what they say.

Good luck, Rick

Reply to
thetoolman

The Bug and Tar remover should say on the can. It's unlikely they would sell something that will ruin the clearcoat, but you never know. Try it in an obscure spot first. I would not wait too long though. It's possible that water and car wash stuff will still work for a few days yet.

Reply to
« Paul »

We used kerosene recently to remove tar acquired from a road-paving project. It worked faster than the bug and tar remover we tried at first. Car was headed for an auction & we wanted to clean it as fast as possible. We just put it in an open-top plastic bucket and used a rag and washed it down. (DID IT OUTSIDE FOR SAFETY REASONS.) It worked great AND looked great--including doing no apparent harm to the clear-coat. We DID try it in an inconspicuous place first. s

Reply to
sdlomi2

First, I would file a claim with his homeowners insurance since he is responsible for the damage. Next, I would have someone who knows what they are doing work with it. Your truck may need to be repainted to repair the problem. My '93 f150 experienced the same problem less than a month old. The house paint was removed and it looked good but, a couple of years later, the paint where the overspray had been began to crack eventually having to be completely repainted at my expense. You may also want to pressure them for deminished value of the vehicle after it is repainted as it will reduce the trade/sale value of the vehicle on a late model vehicle. In most states, they are also responsible for this.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

That is what I use on my own cars: GM, Ford, Chrysler. Sometimes "mineral spirits" or lighter fluid depending on what's available.

Reply to
« Paul »

Reply to
Reijo

These guys will hate me for saying this, but OVEN CLEANER will soften that stuff up BUT...... ya really have to watch how long you put it on there and use small amounts, and IMMEDIATELY have water ready the minute you get off what it is your after, then wash it all of right away. If your worried about clearcoat and all that and its a good truck, mmm think this over real good. The usual overn cleaners today have to sit a long long time before they will even work and even then they only work for a minute or so before they loose effectiveness once they intereact with the paint. If you have a couple good coats under all that, clear coat etc, or can just put this stuff (say with a cuetip or something) on what it is you want to soften up, then you'll be alright. I absolutely must say use this as a last resort. I have done it on my FORD, my BMW, Chevy and Jag too, after the local vandals spray painted our cars and I did ok, but thats me. It was a long slow process. USE YOUR OWN DISCRETION ON THIS TECHNIQUE. Only do this if you know what your doing, AND if you know what your doing, you won't do this anyway. :)

Reply to
ed