repair quote

I have a 1993 eagle talon tsi that was smoking extravagantly and than died on me. I started to take the engine apart and saw the timing belt was torn and the spark plug wires were melted on the ends. How much would the repair be to replace the torn gasket(s), timing belt and spark plug wires so I can run again?

Reply to
Painfofinder

Smoking from where? The tailpipe or the engine compartment? If it was the tailpipe, perhaps your timing belt or tensioner wore out and the belt jumped on the gears. That would make it run poorly if at all.

If it was from the engine compartment, it is likely that something was binding up and preventing the belt from turning, melting it from the friction. Check that the camshaft and crankshaft are turning with no unusual resistance, along with any associated timing pulleys.

Hopefully you did not overheat the motor because you could be in for some real fun if that was the case.

Reply to
Ryan Underwood

Reply to
tim bur

TSi? You will also have bent valves if the belt slipped a couple of teeth or broke.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish