Replacing Tacoma 75 profile Tires with 70?

My 2003 4x2 extended cab Tacoma's original 205r75/15 Goodyear Wrangler tires have 51k and will need replacing before the next state safety inspection. That's NOT an easy size to find. Seems most of the ones I've looked at are models that have poor customer reviews or else they're brands I've never heard of. However, there's a wide selection of new 205r70/15 tires to choose from.

I went to the 1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator to check 70 profile specs and requirements versus the OEM 205r75/15's. No problem with the wheel width; my Tacoma has 15x6j and the 70 profile is rated for

5.5 to 7.5" wide wheels. The calculator shows switching to the lower 70 profile will cause my speedometer to read 3% higher than actual speed (will show 61.3 mph when I'm actually doing 60 mph). I can live with that. In fact, the way I drive it may actually save me from getting a speeding ticket.

Aside from the aforementioned minor speedometer error and the fact that my truck may sit a half-inch or so closer to the ground, are there any other drawbacks to switching from the original 75 series to

70s? The owner's manual and door jam data plate offer no guidance....it only lists the 75 series and optional 16" wheels.
Reply to
Josh

Thanks Hachiroku. I do use it like a would a car 99% of the time. I seldom go off road and I've never carried a load anywhere near max rating.

I'll go for the 70 profiles.

Reply to
Josh