RETRY: Hope you've traded in your clunker

because the program is out of money

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

I knowed it was gonna happen! Just like the HD converter boxes that never happened, and which I might add HAD TO BUY WITH MY OWN MONEY!! Obama ain't doing us any better than Bush! And I'm still waiting on that big screen TV the gov't owes me so I can sit on the couch and watch Oprah and eat tater chips in style.

Reply to
FatMoe

No way are the scumbags getting my "clunker" whether they have the money or not. Screw them and the horse they rode in on.

Reply to
Roger Blake

Yeah, guess it was a big hit.

Reply to
matrixxx09
1914 Ford Model T Runabout Roadster, 1948 Willys Jeep, 1976 made in Germany Hercules Moped, 1978 Dodge Van, 1983 Dodge van. I prefer to keep my old clunkers.They are Good old clunkers. cuhulin
Reply to
cuhulin

Wasen't it F.D.Roosevelt who said, a chicken in every pot, a car in every driveway.

Nowadays, some of the food, including chickens are getting too dangerous to eat. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

The Gov't doesn't owe anybody anything, but they're sure handing the money out willy-nilly.

Wish I'd hung on to that LS and waited until now to buy my tC. $8,500 would sure be a nice price.

Maybe they'll make it retroactive for people like me that *DIDN'T* wait for a government hand-out.

I was at Loomis Village today...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

See. I knew you would want the regulation "gun rack" in your back window.

Reply to
Zim Babwe

Gee, what a horror! Next you will have to buy your own food.

But, the HD convertor box program is still ongoing. You can still order your rebate through today.

What makes you think the gov't (i.e., us) owe you a thing?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

never fear, Congress is rushing to add a few more billion to it! Did anyone ever think one of these "entitlement" programs would be allowed to go unfunded for long?

Reply to
ron

More money from our pockets to the government's.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

House approves extending 'cash for clunkers' Lawmakers pass $2 billion bill to keep program alive; will go to Senate

twisted

I saw/heard on today's local tv news, the clunkers that are traded in for new vehicles, the clunkers have to be destroyed.

DTV converter boxes,,, I subscribe to DirecTV, so I don't need one of those boxes. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

.

Yup-er

Reply to
twisted

A lot of the dealers are stripping them for parts, so they can sell the parts for people with similar models who are laid off and can't afford a new car, even at fire sale prices...

Likewise. But I watch TCM way too much...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Yup. Prices on vehicles that qualify have risen sharply.

There was a similar progam in Mass to get cars that don't have OBD-II on them off the road. They were offering up to $750 for them, but you had to have a registration and had to own the car for over a year, so prices didn't rise sharply.

What is it? I have a Supra that would probably qualify, but I sure as hell ain't going to replace it with a Hyundai!

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Yeah - really "environmentally friendly" to take perfectly good vehicles and crush them in favor of manufacturing more. And those low-income folk looking for an old car in decent shape at a low price? The hell with 'em.

As I said, I have a car that certainly would qualify. The bastards are not going to get their filthy, grubby hands on it.

Reply to
Roger Blake

good for you. seriously, I agree with you 100%.

Friend of mine just traded in a rough but serviceable pickup that just needed a new windshield and some front end work. I'm sure some less privileged individual would be glad to have it, but then again, they wouldn't have paid my friend $4500 for it either. This policy encourages waste.

Hell, if I didn't need a pickup of my own, I could have done the same thing. And mine's in better shape, and still not worth $4500 on the open market.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Maybe you'll be able to take advantage of a tax incentive at some point, and make back all the money you've lost on this one and others.

Reply to
matrixxxx09

'Cash for clunkers' breaking down, but not before hurting lower income buyers, recyclers.

I Agree, cash for clunkers is a stupid idea.Some of those clunkers might be collectible/clasic cars/pickup trucks/vans. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin