revs

i have a rover214sli the rev counter displays between 1000-2000 revs when idle can anyone tell me what the problem may be or how to adjust please

Reply to
paula via CarKB.com

That usually means a vacuum line has fallen off somewhere on the engine. That is what I would be checking for first.

Mike

Mike Romain

idle can anyone tell me what the problem may be or how to adjust please

Reply to
EatMe

Don't forget that commas are considered punctuation. Their purpose is not too *compicated* for you to understand, is it?

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

do you have a carby or petrol injection please tell us so we can help you as this is critical information what year is this rover i think it has the honda engine does it not if it is injection you have a vacuum leak or your eacv is stuck open or the fast idle valve is blocked with crud and not heating up does the fluctuation happen when warm or cold please

Reply to
Hugo Schmeisser

not too *compicated* for you to understand, is it?

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
EatMe

You mean optobetral.

Reply to
Hugo Schmeisser

says u cant spell complicated!!

Reply to
paula via CarKB.com

Reply to
paula via CarKB.com

hear hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! enough punctuation for u! only asked for advice not cheek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
paula via CarKB.com

thank you ill have a look !!!!!!

Reply to
paula via CarKB.com

Reply to
AZ Nomad

what is the matter with you people!!??? whats rude about saying thanks!?!

Reply to
paula via CarKB.com