Roof rack crossbars for VW Passat?

I have an '04 Passat wagon that has roof side rails already installed. I want to get crossbars so I can eventually mount a rooftop carrier, but am not sure what I should be looking for. Are there universal-type crossbars that fit any side rails or do I need look for something specific to my VW? I've already searched around the web a bit and there seem to be a million different roof rack accessories out there. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
phillymn