Rotating regular Eagle LS's

What is the proper way to rotate tires? Do you criss-cross the front and rear's, or do you move them straight back?

Thanks

MAB

Reply to
MAB

Every vehicle has it's own wear pattern and it's own rotation pattern. It will say in the owners manual.

Both of my Jeeps call for a straight front to back rotation which ends up giving perfect wear right to the end of the tire's life.

Mike

Mike Romain

Up until 8/10 years ago, tire manufactures said "Do Not" criss-cross radials. Then they said you can criss-cross them. Reason being, they clammed they developed better "belt" technology. The belts in radials would settle/get comfy going in one direction for thousands of miles. Of course criss-crossing reverses the direction the tire has been rotating. The belts would then loosen. Then they would shift and you get a tire known as a "separated tire." Even though they, (tire manufactures), say it's OK to criss-cross, I never do.

Reply to
dahpater