Rough Idle in Drive 1972 Lemans

Ok let me start from the begining.

Recently my wife's 72 Lemans started popping out of the carburator, I traced it down and found a broken rocker on the #2 Exhaust valve. I changed it and the pushrod (it was slighty bent but not too bad).

I then decided to adjust all the valve lash on all the cylinders. I used the old rule of putting each cylcinder at full intake open, then going to the opposite firing order cylcinder, adjusting the rocker nut until the pushrod had no play in it, then turning it down another 1/2 turn to center the hydraulic lifter.

The car now runs fine in park and neutral and above 5 mph. HOWEVER, when at idle in any gear (Reverse, Drive, Second or Low) it runs rough and the engine shakes quite a bit, and every-so-often it feels like it's about to die but doesn't. The idle-solonoid is set to 600 rpm in gear, the timing at 6 degrees btdc, and the dwell at 30 degrees all maufactures sticker specs. The cap and rotor and sparkplugs are all new, the wires all have good resistance.

Is this somehow related to my valve-lash adjusting??? Or is it a completely different problem that happened to pop up at the same time? PLEASE HELP!

Thank you in advance, -Jeff-

Reply to
Jeff

JimV