Royal Purple Synthetic Oil

I'm thinking of getting a mini-case of it for trial. It's advertising hype sounds good, anyone here ever used it?

What do you think about it?

m h o =A0v =83e

Reply to
fiveiron

I have used their motor oil, and it seems as good as any of the other synthetics. It's hard to tell without doing serious testing, which I've neither the stationary motor nor the inclination to do.

I have used their light lubricating oils, though, and been very, very happy with them. They make a 32 cp machine oil that doesn't varnish at all, has extremely strong solvent characteristics, and is great for electric motors. And it's dirt cheap... actually cheaper than the OC-11 turbine oil we normally use.

I have used their hypoid gear oil in large machine stuff... it lasts about as long as the Mobil 1 synthetic before the dissolved metal content gets up. And it costs a little bit less.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

thanks Scott, a friend of mine works for them, and he thinks there is nothing better in motor oil, saves gas, runs smooth, and they are near by.

m h o =A0v =83e

Reply to
fiveiron

ANY decent oil will save gas and run smooth. The question is what happens

200,000 miles later. And that, I can't tell you.

I can't really do anything more sophisticated than a four-ball test here, and I've not run huge amounts of it on anything. But it's certainly no worse than the usual run of synthetics, and you should always support local businesses.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

I have heard that it is difficult to get the purple stain off one's dick.

Reply to
ShazWozza

That's a good thing, it may keep Mr. fiveiron from reproducing!

Reply to
Bob