RPM Problem Nissan Pickup

I have a 1987 Nissan D21 Pickup 3.0 v6 - 5 speed. The engine will not rev up past 3000 RPM's without cutting out. It runs fine below 3000 RPM. I have to shift to the next gear in order to drive and keep under 3000 RPM.This started after truck was in flood water up to the seats (had to replace computer under seat).The water never reached the distributor. Could the problem be the weights in the distributor not operating correctly/frozen/rusted etc?When engine rpm's reach 2900-3000 the engine cuts out like it has a governor. The engine doesn't die but just won't rev. beyond that RPM. The exhaust (muffler/converter)had lots of water thru tailpipe. Could O2 sensor cause this? I have not replaced it.Engine has recently been completely rebuilt but problem existed before and after rebuild. Prior to Flood water, there was no problem and truck ran great.Any help is much appreciated.

Reply to
Truett

Mike Walsh