rust protective paint

Hi guys i have a very small amount of rust starting to creep throug un der the windscreen rubber on my Kombi If i took the windscreen out and stripped it back to bare metal i there any sort of paint that maybe be better than the usual unde coast etc i should use before repainting Sinji

Reply to
sinjin1111

For small jobs I use ordinary household epoxy adhesive. It adheres to metal and keeps out air and moisture necessary for rust formation. It's the only completely waterproof adhesive. Needs air temp to get up to 70 deg F to cure well. I leave it for 2-3 days before sanding and finishing.

--

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ William R Watt National Capital FreeNet Ottawa's free community network homepage:

William R. Watt