Rusted threads on brake line?

Threads on brake line are rusted into wheel cylinder.

Gonna need a blowtorch to get in unscrewed (i tried PB blaster soaking already).

Do I need to replace the brakeline, or is it still good?

The rest of the line is in good condition. It's only that the screw is rusted into wheel cylinder.

Reply to
Martin Lynch

Odds are you'll likely break the line getting it off. I find that in this case the like is usually rusted to the fiting as well. If it's a short line making a new one is no problem. If it's a long one I would get a new fitting and union and attach a new small length of line. (brake lines come with fitings and factory flares, so only the cut end of the long line needs to be flared)

Reply to
Brent P