RWD auto trans for 3800 V6 super charged

What transmision will work on a FWD supercharged 3800 V6 out of a Buick/Pontiac? Want a trany to make it a rear wheel drive. Will the trany from an 97 - 02 Camaro/ Firebird work. If so what is the model number. Thanks

Reply to
calee

Don't think you will find a bolt-up trans. Seems as I saw a modified trans from a 2.8 v-6 S10 put behind a FWD Northstar & all installed in either a 55 or 57 Chevy rwd. Would be better to find a 3800 from a Camaro (or a Firebird?) in a salvage yard--it's already turned 90 degrees for you; i.e., a rear wheel drive. But, I agree with your wishes--I think the s'chg'd 3800 FWD would make an ideal upgrade for many cars, plus they should be easy on fuel. s

Reply to
sdlomi2

transmision will work on a FWD supercharged 3800 V6 out of a

In the GM Performance web site it advertizes the super charged 3800 V6 crate engine as a great engine for a street rod. They must have a trany that fits it for rear wheel drive. Dont know where to find out.

Reply to
calee

transmision will work on a FWD supercharged 3800 V6 out of a

I could be wrong, but I thought ALL the 3800s (whether sideways/FWD or the RIGHT way ;-) were the standard B-O-P bellhousing pattern.

Reply to
Steve

Still looking for answers?

Reply to
calee

It seems to me it would be much easier to start from a RWD 3800. The FWD engines are much more available and probably cheaper, and the supercharged engine is tempting, but you have to consider the intake manifold, the exhaust manifolds (probably won't pop out where you'd like for RWD), and as you mention the bellhousing pattern. Why not just skip all that and get a complete 3800/4L60E out of Camaro? They usually come with the exhaust manifolds, maybe cats, transmission, maybe the crossmember if you ask, and if you want a manual the pedals are easy to find. Look around the classifieds at

for leads.

Peace, Harry

Reply to
Harry Smith