Sacramento self service auto shop?

Subject: Sacramento self service auto shop?

I live in an apartemnt complex and need somewhere to work on my Jeep (adding a lift and shocks) Was wondering if there were any do-it yourself auto shops in the area. I'm used to the Military where every base has a auto hobby shop. Always thought it would be a great bussiness to do the same thing in the civilian market.

Reply to
RCPilot

Check with a storage outfit. I helped my brother with an engine swap at one of these places in Phoenix. ( seedy side of town)There were cars at various stages of repair at this place , even a couple of classics. people would come in and work on them and clean up and cover them when they were done for the day. They won't be responsable for your safety. Of course if the repair takes 2 days you will at least pay a months rent. It beats the 10 buck an hour ufix garage that was in business at the time

Reply to
TOLYN9

Due to liability and insurance issues, especially in CA, I don't think its feasible.

However, you may be able to rent an airplane hanger at one of the outlying airports (Woodland, Yolo County, Lincoln, etc.). That might be a good place to it.

__________________ Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'. N38.6 W121.4

Reply to
Barry S.

We had one here in the southern valley. Nice setup run by a retired mechanic. Had three lifts and a bunch of specialty rental tools along with his Snap-On tools. New building and his wife worked the front while he helped out in back.

Only lasted maybe half a year. Just didn't have the customer base to pay the rent, insurance, whatever. By the time people got their cars fixed, they spent a lot of time on the rental, tool costs, etc. to make it any more feasible than going to a shop and letting someone else work on it and get it done faster.

B~

Reply to
B. Peg