Sagging Headliner

The headliner on my 1989 Chevy S10 Blazer is sagging big-time...not to mention its ripped in one spot. What's the best way to remedy this without replacing it? Staples?

Reply to
Spiderman

Staples should get the job done. I've done it more than once. :-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Z.

The headliner is basicly three parts: Fabric cover (what you can see), thin foam padding underlayment, and a fiberboard backing for shape. Usually what happens is that the foam padding disintigrates and the fabric cover falls loose. The only way to fix it so it looks good is to remove all the padding and fabric, and glue on some new stuff. It's not an overly difficult job, but it is time consuming.

Reply to
.boB

Don't know if there is anyone in your area doing this, but I read recently in this Newsgroup a post from someone who had a brand new headliner installed for $150.00 by a mobile service in his area. U.S. Midwest if I remember correctly. Might pay to chech your Yellow Pages or ask some of the better bodyshops in your area.

Reply to
Loose Cannon

Reply to
johnny

I used common sewing pins, pushed in "sideways" almost parallel with the fabric surface. They've held my '90 Caddy's headliner up for years.

Jeff

-- Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Jeff Wisnia

...Or most fabric stores have them - called "Twist Pins" and made by Ditz. Stay away from the ones made in China; the head falls off them.

Don

Reply to
donrm