Saturn 1994 SL2 died 85 miles from home/ HELP

Yesterday I drove from Upstate NY to Long Island

My destination was made and then car died. Each time I sarted the car it would die when I drove a few feet. (More later about this)

I spent 8 hours fixing transmission line leak. Lost 3 quarts of oil. Real leak was oil transmission oil filter, Finally no leaks but:

When I drive the car it would die when I would hit the brake pedal. So I drove and would use hand brake to go down the street.

So I drove to a service station that night and asked if they can take a look. I said perhaps can not be fixed tonight so Mechanic said he will disable Brake pedal switch. Okay we talked for a few min I said do not bother we can pull fuse. He was great only 10 dollars for one hour. Long Island is great

I was on my way. Another couple of problems. Signal light and flasher would also make engine spit sputter and almost die. So I avoided using them.

At last I made it home Today a new day clean all oil off of front of transmission area. Open up wiring harness. No oil in harness. Clean all wires to transmission and oh boy no more problem.

Not exactly sure why car is running with no problems. I put the fuse back for the brake lights and still no problem.

Anybody have a clue what happened

Reply to
dave

You might have a real touchy ground wire that you were moving when doing the work. A lot of GM's run the PCM grounds to a transaxle mount stud/bolt.

Reply to
Steve Austin

I am having the same problen this evening. I took off groung wires and cleaned but no help Car once again stalls when I press brake peda. If I turn on signal light the RPMs will drop If I turn on flashers RPMs will drop even further One las ting when I turn on the brake the dash board left and right signal show up very dim.

Reply to
dave

stud/bolt.- Hide quoted text -

Reply to
dave

stud/bolt.- Hide quoted text -

I checked the wiring diagram and there are 2 possible switches that may cause this problem. There is a park sense switch & a brake transmission safety interlock. Does anyone know about these switches they appear to be in series with the stop light switch?

Reply to
dave