Scratch/Ding Bumper Repair

Hello,

Have a 2009 Buick LaCrosse. Silver color.

Have a few "gouges" in the back bumper that aren't too bad, but annoying.

They are perhaps 1/16-1/8 deep.

They cover only a few small areas; perhaps an inch or so long by 1/8 inch wide.

Too minor to consider having a pro touch them up or repair them.

Was wondering if there is any product, perhaps like a very heavy filler-style paint, or colored putty, or..., that I could use ?

Any thoughts on would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

if you lived in a city where they "park by touch", you'd soon learn to forget about minor blemishes.

Reply to
jim beam

3M makes a special filler for bumper covers actually a couple of them I think. Anyway I've used 3M 5895 with success.
It's like a two part epoxy. two tubes, mix fill, let cure, sand, paint.

With what you're doing you can probably just fill the gouges flat with a putty knife and then use touch up paint over it.

Reply to
Brent