"Service Engine Soon" light

Automobile: 2001 Nissan Sentra Problem: While driving the car after a gasoline full-up the "Service Engine Soon" light came on, and would not shut off. I checked that the gas cap was tight and let the tank run down, and filled up again. Same problem. Brought the car into my mechanic who read the code--P0464. He replaced the 'Gas Tank Sender' and 'O-Ring.' However, the problem still exists. The car needs an inspection, and will not pass with the above condition.

Does anybody have any idea what's going on? Please Help!

Larry

Reply to
nccft

They need to verify the sender is sending the correct voltage to the ecm. As long as the sender is working and there is no wiring issue, the ecm is at fault.

Reply to
jfrancis311

Fuel Level Sensor A Circuit Intermittent. This is the deffintion for the code, so I would suspect a loose or corroded connector at the sender or upstream from there. Your mechanic needs to see if your getting constant voltage at the sender wire. HTH, Rick

Reply to
ToolNut

Take it back to your servicer and have him fix it right.

Reply to
Woody