Set ignition timing with OBDII scan tool?

Hello! I recently got a generic OBDII scan tool and I have a question. When the scan tool tells me the ignition timing, is that the ignition timing as i would read it with a timing light? On my honda civic it is hard to see the timing marks on the crank pulley, so it would be great to set the timing with the scan tool instead, however I am thinking that may be too good to be true. How does this work? TIA

Reply to
Abe Froman

the car year and make will vary the data results of your scan tool/mostly you are viewing the pcm advance or retard timming/not base timing,if their is no adjustment procedure genrally you cant change timming.

Reply to
glovemax5