Shelf life of Eastwood Encapsulator and chasis paint????

Has anyone used these paints before? What is the shelf life of the unopened cans. My bother is cleaning out his garage and I thought I'd touch up the rear spings, trailer hitch and rear axle. He's not quite sure when he bought the paint. I called Eastwwod and they said the shelf life is only about 1 year for this paint. WTF...that can't be right. I have latex paint that is still good 7 years after I used it. The Eastwood stuff is oil based. Shouldn't it last longer???

Reply to
Rob

I've had POR15 and eastwood corroless (I think they call it something else now) last for years when in sealed containers or I managed to reseal the container well. What kills this stuff is not getting the can perfectly sealled after use.

I would guess the stuff is perfectly fine.

Reply to
Brent P

I have used poor. That stuff is great. Got be one of the best products out there.

Reply to
Crooked-Ridez