Shifting problem

I have a '94 S-10 with a 4.3L V6 and a 700-R4 tranny that all of the sudden quit shifting into drive. Fluid level ok, changed fluid and filter. When shift lever is in D, goes to 2nd and stays there, has engine breaking. When shift lever is put in OD, it seems to freewheel when lifting off the accelerator. Anyone have a good idea what is wrong? High mileage truck, over 175,000 miles, carries a heavy load all the time. Send replies to my e-mail please, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com TY.

Reply to
Mike