shimmy frontend 1995 voyager

I have a shimmy starting off when accelerating, feels like it shimmys left to right, and steering wheel will do the same. Then goes away at higher speed to a vibration. The shimmy will ease off and go away when I let off the accelerator and come back when applied. I am suspecting cv axels? I pulled the right side wheel off and shook the disc back and forth foward and back there seem to be a little play, with the entire axel, I am not sure if there is supposed to be any play at all. Any help from a pro will be appreaciated thank you It's a 1995 plymouth voyager with 105,000

Reply to
jcm

I am sure your dealership will be happy to help you with a "pro" analysis.

Reply to
HLS

It is likely a bad CV joint since it occurs during acceleration from low speeds. Best repair is usually determine which side and install a rebuilt axle assembly.

Reply to
lugnut

If you have eliminated the axles as the cause then it must be a tire problem. Try switching tires from back to front and see what that does.

-jim

Reply to
jim

Thanks for your insight I am sure they would. This wasn't meant to be sarcastic sorry if my statement offended you, as your reply was sarcastic. I meant people on here would be more of a "pro" and knowlegable than I am. Thank you for your help.

Reply to
jcm

That's what I suspect, probably best to do both sides with the mileage. Thanks

Reply to
jcm

yeah I tried that, swiching the tires around, still there. Thank you for your help. The van is in good shape and worth having fixed.

Reply to
jcm

A lot of times people post this way, and it is sometimes taken as offensive There are a lot of people on here who are accomplished nonprofessionals and some professionals who are, under most situations, quite happy to try to help.

Sorry my post was a bit on the caustic side.

Reply to
HLS