Shock Slection & Replacement

Vehicle:

1993 chevrolet silverado stepside lowered 3" in the front and 4" in the rear picture here:
I plan on putting another leaf spring in the ass end of it to jack it up some more to give it a more aggressive stance and also have the ability to haul more in the bed. I've been told that it will raise the rear up somewheres between 1.5" and 2" overall

I am also in the need of replacement shocks as well for the rear. What are some good ones to look at and what are some to avoid? I want something heavy duty but don't need anything outragiously stupid expensive either.

Because the truck has been lowered 4" in the rear would that mean a custom/special shock or simply something off the shelf?

Reply to
Michael McNeil

more to give it a more

been told that it will

some good ones to look

anything outragiously

custom/special shock or simply

really depends on how it was lowered, and where the shocks mount.

1) if the vehicle was lowered with blocks, and the shocks mount to the spring plates, stock shocks will be fine. 2) if the vehicle was lowered with lowering springs, or if it was lowered with blocks but the shocks mount to the axle housing, you will need to find shocks that mount similar to stock but have 4" shorter length.

with such a radical lowering job, have you considered airbags to allow you to adjust the rear for loads? Also have you c-notched the frame to maintain suspension travel?

nate

Reply to
N8N