Shudder from front wheel when coasting at highway speed

I have a 2002 Nissan Maxima, and when I let up on the gas while driving at highway speeds (40+ mph) I get a shudder from the front passenger side wheel that feels like I am running over grooved pavement (with accompanying noise). Any acceleration makes it go away completly - this only happens while coasting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
18Rabbit

Additional information: automatic transmission, front-wheel drive.

Reply to
18Rabbit

Reply to
Shep

Bad motor mount?

Prop up the hood and put the car in drive with your foot on the brake. Keeping your foot on the brake, give the car a little gas and see how much the motor moves. Then put it in reverse and do the same thing. If the motor moves a lot more in forward than in reverse or vice versa, you have a bad motor mount.

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Chang

Odd failure mode of CV joint? Does it get more pronounced when going around a corner?

nate

Reply to
N8N