Simple turn signal.

Juke Girl movie on the TCM channel right now.Ronald Reagan driving a truck, a piece of rope attatched to a semaphore.Pull the rope for a left turn and the semaphore goes up. The good old simple days. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3171.bay.webtv.net:

LOL. Great stuff. Why doesn't it surprise me that it's a RR movie?

Reply to
chuckcar

I think the car mfgs could save a lot of money by deleting turn signals. No one uses them anymore anyways :-(

Reply to
Don Stauffer

If they were made an application of a cell phone, there might be a chance..

Reply to
hls

Some where in the early 50's VW Bug had a lever on the dash that would flip up a flag on either side depending on which way it was turned.. Friend was showing me the car one evening for a drive. I thought that was a neat idea. I flipped the lever back and forth several times. Happens that a State Patrol car was behind us. Got pulled over and chewed out about doing this. I took the blame and my friend (the driver) did not get a ticket.

Reply to
WW

"WW" wrote in news:KLWdnWthp7jCcPDRnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@bresnan.com:

Those were called "trafficators", and were common on European cars until about the '60s. Usually the little arm was mounted to the B-pillar, and was illuminated. Some markets did not allow trafficators. In such instances, the trafficator was replaced with a light, sometimes placed in the same location as the trafficator.

I imagine mechanical failure was common.

Reply to
Tegger

In 1938 Buick offered flashing turn signals as an option, but only for the rear.In 1940 they were extended to the front and given a self canceling feature. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

:) maybe these could make a comeback...

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

VW did that up to about 1958.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Can someone please invent a turn signal simple enough that drivers will actually use them?

thanks,

Nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Where are you? There are a string of ads for Dunkin' Donuts where they are targeting a new coffee made for "New Englanders" (I'm sure they're using similar ads for other parts of the country). Dunkin' Donuts was originally from Boston, so they have a lot of the New England stuff down, like our use of the word "Wicked". Before your friend will give you the cup of coffee, you have to answer a series of questions to prove you're from New England. In one of them a guy is about to hand a girl a cup and starts asking her questions, including "Down East'er?" "Someone from Maine" "Nor'Easter?" "Wicked bad storm".

In another one that ends with the question, "Best movie evah?" "Wickedddddddd!" the guy with the coffe asks the other guy:

Ooops...McDonalds!

"Turn signals?"

"Waste of time..."

For some reason, they don't show that one any more...

Sound is crappy:

Better:

This one he says, "Sign of weakness" Can't find the "waste of time" one.

McDonald's needs to make their ads better if I'm confusing them with Dunkin Donuts!

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

And you have to be able to say, Pahk da cah. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

In message , Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B writes

There's all the nice things that you have to eat, that we don't have here. Like English Muffins. (Flanders and Swann.)

Reply to
Clive

Sainsbury's food stores.I know a married Irish woman (married to that Irish guy) who lives in Bognor Regis,England.One time when she was at a Sainsbury's cafeteria a woman accused her of getting some spoons mixed up in the spoon holder thingys. They went round and round about those spoons.

Another time, she took a half used broken expensive French lipstick to the Boots store to get it exchanged for a new one. She wound up getting a letter of apology from the manager of Boots stores and some free lipstick too. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3171.bay.webtv.net:

The two yutes. - My cousin Vinny.