Snap Ring Pliers

I just broke the tip off my Harbor Freight snap ring pliers.

I see prices on Amazon from $5 to $75

Any advice on a new set that has quality, without breaking my wallet.

Reply to
Tom H

First, buy something that is not made in China. Their stuff looks good, works badly. You probably already knew that. The exception is if you find a name brand tool, they may have instituted the necessary controls to provide a good product even from China. Then it will have a guarantee to back it up. I like to touch and feel a tool first hand before buying. Sometimes I can administer my own testing right on the spot. If the tool breaks off in my hand, I don't feel particularly guilty about it either.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Reply to
tom&kel