Speedometer question

What would make a speedometer go from 0 to 5 mph when I rev my engine up a little bit while idling in park, and then fall back to 0 when I let off the accelerator? At around the same time this started, I also noticed that sometimes on a cold morning when I start my car, as soon as the car starts, the car acts like it moves forward a half-inch or so even though it is in park. The car seems ok otherwise.

Just flush the di-Lithium crystals every once and a while and she will warp out fine brother!

My DeSoto has never exibited that behaviour either!

Reply to
anumber1

What kind of car is this? Is it an electrical or mechanical speedometer? Do the interior lights brighten and dim as you rev the engine up as well?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

A red 1958 Plymouth Fury, I would guess. :)

Reply to
Kaz Kylheku