squeaking sound

I was wondering if someone has experienced a problem similar to mine. I did a lot of around town driving today on a 1990 Nissan Sentra, and by the end of the day the car started squeaking. The sound comes from the passenger side and it dissapears right after I hit the brakes, even without much slowing down, just slight push on the pedal. When the brakes are released, the sound is on again. I am going to check brakes, belts and CV joints, however was wondering if I am missing anything. Thanks in advance, ys

Reply to
ystrukov

ystrukov wrote in rec.autos.tech

You need new brake pads. The noise you hear is the wear indicator, get them done right away, and your rotors should be ok. If you wait any length of time, the pads will wear out completely, and you will have to do a lot more than just a quick brake job. And I mean just a matter of a few days.

Reply to
Dick C