Standard driver's license terminology?

Is there any standard driver's license terminology in all states?

Here in California, the DMV website talks about Class A, B, C, and M licenses.

Class A & B are commercial licenses, even though it looks like theu yse the same test. Is this standard language? I checked a few other states and they don't seem to use those classifications. Most just say "commercial" (CDL).

Class C is for a "regular" driver's license. Is this standard terminology?

Class M is for motorcycles. California talks about a Class M1 and M2 license. The M2 looks to be for smaller biles like mopeds, but that use the same test for both.

If there is a better place to post this, please advise.

Reply to
LurfysMa

I think you just answered your own question...

Reply to
M.M.

"LurfysMa" wrote

Nope. Sucks, doesn't it? Now you'll have to do a lot more work before you can start advertising your forged driver's licenses that "Look just like the real ones! Good in all States!!!" in the back pages of Terrorist Weekly.

Reply to
MasterBlaster

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 16:59:31 GMT, "MasterBlaster"

Whoa. Been watching a little too much late night TV, have you? Here's a tip: if the show has advertisers that are pushing male enhancement products, you might want to take the "facts" in the show itself with a grain of salt. Now you didn't order any of those creams, did you...?

Reply to
LurfysMa

"LurfysMa"

Nope. Been saving all my money to learn how to fly. You know of any commercial airline schools that accept cash for lessons, no questions asked?

Reply to
MasterBlaster

There are national standards and classifications for commercial drivers licenses. To the best of my knowlege there are none for individual licenses. May I ask why you are asking?

Reply to
John S.

Thanks.

Is there anh standard term for "regular" licences? The California DMV calls them "Class C", licenses, but I didn't see that term in other states.

Sure. I'm writing an electronic flashcard program. I would like to enter test questions from all 50 states for the various types of licensing exams. I was looking for the proper terminology to use.

How about "Passenger", "Commercial", and "Motorcycle"?

Reply to
LurfysMa